Back To Back (With a Flight)
Well, sorry guys I was wrong about the Lakers game, as I thought Kobe and company would win in Portland, but the Blazers may have shown they are legit contenders in the Western Conference with consecutive wins over the Thunder and Lakers.
Portland Trailblazers (5-1) at Phoenix Suns (2-4)
When: 10:30 PM ET, Friday, January 6, 2012
Where: US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ
Blazers vs. Suns Betting Lines from Bovada.lv
Spread: Blazers -2.5
*NBA ATS Matchup Report*
The Suns may be far from a contender this season and it is weird saying that the reason they are losing is their offense and not their defense. Phoenix only ranks 24th in the league in scoring and their leading scorer is Hakim Warrick (12.8 ppg) and he comes off the bench.
Portland ranks 3rd in the NBA in scoring and 4th in rebounding and they are also playing pretty good D. LaMarcus Aldridge and Gerald Wallace are the 2 leading scorers for the Blazers and these guys combined for 59 points in the win over the Lakers.
The Suns will have to win this game with their defense, as their offense has struggled and only scored more than 100 points in 1 game this season.
The ageless Steve Nash has played decent, but his numbers are down averaging 11.5 ppg and 8.7 assists per game.
Unlike the last few seasons alongside Amare Stoudamire Nash does not have a big finisher and that has really hurt the Suns.
Phoenix allowed 19 offensive rebounds in their last game and they have to key on Marcus Camby (8.7 rpg), Aldridge (7.8 rpg), and Wallace (7.5 rpg) and not allow these guys to dominate the glass.
SF Grant Hill, C Martin Gortat, and PF Jared Dudley will have to score the rock tonight for the Suns to pull off the home upset, but they will be facing a Blazers’ defense that is playing with a lot of confidence.
The Blazers have won 7 of their last 9 regular season games against the Suns.
Phoenix has really struggled to shoot the 3 so far this season and they will need great ball movement and solid D in this game.
- This season the Blazers are 4-1-1 ATS with an O/U record of 3-3 and the Suns are 3-3 ATS with an O/U record of 1-5.
- In some betting trends for this Western Conference match up the Blazers are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite.
- 1-5 ATS in their last 6 road games.
- They have an Under record of 6-1 in their last 7 road games.
- The Suns are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as a home underdog, 1-5 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- They have an Under record of 4-0 in their last 4 home games.
- The home team is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 games between the Blazers and Suns.
Blazers vs Suns Free Prediction
Pick:Was burned by picking the Lakers and I will not make that mistake again, as even though the Blazers are on the road, where they are 1-1 this season, they will beat the Suns and cover the 2.5-point spread.