Here are 5 reasons why the Sounders will beat Real Salt Lake
1. Momentum is important - In any sport momentum is important, as recent form is key.
Seattle is in great form while the same cannot be said about Real Salt Lake. The Sounders have won 5 of their last 6 matches while Real Salt Lake has 0 wins in their last 6 matches (4 losses 2 draws).
2. Offense, Offense, Offense -The Sounders’ offense has been decent lately while Real Salt Lake is really struggling to tickle the twine. In their last 5 matches Real Salt Lake has been dealt 3 clean sheets (not scoring a goal) and in that span they have only scored 2.
Seattle has scored 7 goals in their last 5 games, but their last few games did not mean much since the Sounders already had 2nd place in the Western Conference wrapped up.
3. Defense wins in the playoffs - Yeah, offense is important, but defense wins in soccer in the post-season and that goes for all other sports as well.
In their last 5 matches real Salt Lake has allowed 9 goals while in the Sounders’ last 5 games they has allowed 7.
In 2 of Real’s last 5 matches they gave up 3 goals per match.
4. Kasey Keller - Keller has been playing great all season and has played well at the end of the season. He is playing in his last season and wants to go out with a bang and will do so with a great start against Real Salt Lake.
He made 13 saves in Seattle’s only match against Real in Salt Lake in a 2-1 Sounders win and he came up with some great saves in the match.
5. The Sounders have confidence away from home - Seattle had a great away record on the season and not only that, they beat Real Salt Lake in their house earlier this season, which snapped their home unbeaten streak against MLS opponents at 29 games.