No Major Issues…
Here’s Brett’s weekly NFL injury rundown…
This week’s Seattle Seahawks injury report is very similar to last week’s. John Moffitt and Jaye Howard will be unable to play Sunday, just like last week. The big difference this week is Clinton McDonald.
If McDonald is unable to play, Scruggs will likely take the snaps he would have had in the nickel defense as an interior pass rusher.
As for the Patriots, perhaps they should have a non-injury report. I swear they put everyone on their injury report, every week. Bill Belichick put one player on the report for a hang nail, another for athletes foot.
Okay, maybe I am exagerating, but just a little.
Former Seahawks linebacker Tracy White, and safety Steve Gregory will not play for the Patriots on Sunday. I would have like to have seen White get a chance to take the field at CenturyLink again.
He is one of those players that is a great guy on and off the field.
You hate to see them go, however, you must be willing to move on, if you want to move up.
Tight end Aaron Hernandez is the player on the injury list that I am most intrigued by. I expect Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and just about everyone else to play. It looks like Hernandez will make the trip to Seattle, however, he will be a game time decision.
For two weeks, all I heard about was either the end of the Packers game, or about how bad Russell Wilson‘s stats have been. It has been a really nice change of pace to hear people talking about the NFL’s best offense heading west to take on the NFL’s best defense in front of the 12th man.
Win or lose, the Patriots offense versus the Seahawks defense should be a very intense battle all game long.
Plus, let us not forget, the Patriots are the team that fired Pete Carroll before he went to USC. They are the team that, according to Pete himself, caused him to sit down and develop his coaching philosophy.
Something tells me that he wants this one just a little bit more than usual.
- Marshawn Lynch RB #24, Back, Probable
- Max Unger C #60, Hip, Probable
- Clinton McDonald DT #69, Groin, Doubtful
- John Moffitt RG #74, Knee, Out
- Jaye Howard DT #94, Foot, Out
- Kyle Love DL #74, Knee, Probable
- Julian Edelman WR #11, Hand, Questionable
- Sterling Moore DB #29, Knee, Questionable
- Shane Vereen RB #34, Foot, Questionable
- Brandon Bolden RB #38, Knee, Questionable
- Michael Hoomanawanui TE #47, Concussion, Questionable
- Dont’a Hightower LB #54, Hamstring, Questionable
- Nick McDonald OL #65, Shoulder, Questionable
- Logan Mankins G #70, Calf/Hip, Questionable
- Brandon Deaderick DL #71, Ankle, Questionable
- Sebastian Volimer T #76, Back/Knee, Questionable
- Aaron Hernandez TE #81, Ankle, Questionable
- Wes Welker WR #83, Ankle, Questionable
- Rob Gronkowski TE #87, Hip, Questionable
- Justin Francis DE #94, Ankle, Questionable
- Steve Gregory S #28, Hip, Out
- Tracy White LB #58, Foot, Out