Starting right guards could be OUT Sunday
Here’s Brett’s weekly NFL injury rundown…
For the Seattle Seahawks, starting right guard, John Moffitt, is out with a knee injury. That is actually a downgrade from his doubtful designation last week. John has been unable to practice for the last two weeks.
There is nothing to indicate that there has been a set back in Moffitt’s recovery.
Unfortunately Pete wasn’t so sure about Marcus Trufant, “We’ll see if Tru can go on game day.”
Marshawn Lynch will play, he was limited in practice on Wednesday for a little extra rest, I think he has earned it. Jaye Howard is listed as out, he hasn’t played all season, so this wont effect the Seahawks.
There is some hope for Carolina Panthers right guard Geoff Hangartner, whom is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. Panthers head coach Ron Rivera indicated that he will be a game time decision. If he is unable to play, Garry Williams would get the start.
Williams has one start this season, the game against the Giants, where the Panthers game up 4 sacks.
On the flip side, it looks like Starting left cornerback, Chris Gamble, and starting middle linebacker, Jon Beason, will not be so lucky. Both players are listed as doubtful, and the team isn’t optimistic.
Should Gamble be unable to play, Captain Munnerlyn will get the start. This bodes well for the Seahawks passing attack, Munnerlyn gave up more completions than any corner in the NFL last season.
Panthers 2nd unit guard, Mike Pollak, is listed as out.
If Geoff Hangartner cannot play, the Panthers will be extremely thin at the guard position.
Lets hope Jason Jones, Alan Branch and Brandon Mebane can take advantage of this opportunity.
- Marshawn Lynch RB #24, Rest, Probable
- Brandon Mebane DT #92, Calf, Probable
- Marcus Trufant CB #23, Back, Questionable
- John Moffitt RG #74, Knee, Out
- Jaye Howard DT #94, Foot, Out
- Colin Jones FS #42, Shoulder, Probable
- Frank Alexander DE #90, Back, Probable
- Antwan Applewhite DE #93, Knee, Probable
- Geoff Hangartner RG #63, Shoulder, Questionable
- Chris Gamble CB #20, Shoulder, Doubtful
- Jon Beason LB #52, Knee, Doubtful
- Mike Pollak G #74, Shoulder, Out