Seahawks 7th round selection (220)
The Seattle Seahawks had selected eight players before this pick in the draft. They selected, Running back Christine Michael, defensive tackle Jordan Hill, wide receiver Chris Harper, defensive tackle Jesse Williams, cornerback Tharold Simon, tight end Luke Wilson, and running back Spencer Ware.
And now they have selected:
Name: Ryan Seymour
Weight: 300 lbs.
40 yard dash: 5.1
With the 220th pick in the draft the Seahawks select Ryan Seymour
Seymour is a versatile lineman who can play every position on the offensive line if necessary, except left tackle. I don’t view him as a potential starter, however, I do believe he could be a backup who’s versatility gives him a good shot at making the 53 man roster.
If he does well enough at center I could even see him being suited up on game day. If that is the case Lemuel Jeanpierre is likely to be released.
Ryan said that he is comfortable in the zone blocking scheme, which is what the Seahawks use, and that Vanderbilt used that running scheme about “50% of the time.”
I think this is the perfect spot to select a guy like Ryan Seymour.
Good late round selection by the Seahawks!
Associated Press Draft Pick analysis: “Seymour’s versatility could be a key for his hopes of making a crowded roster with Paul McQuistan, James Carpenter, John Moffitt and J.R. Sweezy all returning at the position.”
- Round 2/62 – Christine Michael, RB, 5-10, 220, Texas A&M
- Round 3/87—Jordan Hill, DT, 6-1, 303, Penn State
- Round 4/123 – Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 200, Kansas State
- Round 5/137—Jesse Williams, DT, 6-3, 325, Alabama
- Round 5/138—Tharold Simon, CB, 6-2, 202, LSU
- Round 5/158—Luke Willson, TE, 6-5, 251, Rice
- Round 6/194—Spencer Ware, 5-10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/220—Ryan Seymour, -10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/231—Ty Powell, 6-3, 249, Harding University
- Round 7/241—Jared Smith, 6-3, 302, New Hampshire
- Round 7/242—Michael Bowie, 6-5, 332, Northeastern State