Headline: Seahawks 5th round pick (138)
Seahawk’s 5th round selection (138).
Earlier in the day the Seattle Seahawks filled a need when they elected Kansas State wide receiver Chris Harper. Then the Seahawks traded a 5th and a 6th pick to Detroit to select defensive tackle Jesse Williams.
Name: Tharold Simon
Weight: 202 lbs.
40 yard dash: 4.51
Tharold Simon chosen 138th overall in the 5th round
The time has finally come! We know the final player that the Seattle Seahawks got for Aaron Curry. Last season they used the 7th round pick they received in the trade to draft guard JR Sweezy.
If the trade was made today, trading JR Sweezy straight across for Aaron Curry would be a great deal for Seattle.
When they drafted Aaron the team was drafting a player that most people considered to be the most NFL ready player in the draft. By selecting Tharold Simon the team is getting a pretty raw player who needs a lot of coaching.
Tharold might be the player who replaces Brandon Browner one day. He needs a lot of coaching and some development but the Seahawks staff has developed players before.
Richard Sherman was thought to be a backup at best, Browner failed in the NFL and had moved on to the CFL before Pete Carroll brought him to Seattle and developed him into a Pro Bowl corner.
This player could be the annual Seahawks diamond in the rough. I love this pick!
The Seahawks are all about making sure teams can’t move the ball, at all. We could see the first defense that doesn’t allow a single point during the season.
Obviously I’m just joking but still…
- Round 2/62 – Christine Michael, RB, 5-10, 220, Texas A&M
- Round 3/87—Jordan Hill, DT, 6-1, 303, Penn State
- Round 4/123 – Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 200, Kansas State
- Round 5/137—Jesse Williams, DT, 6-3, 325, Alabama
- Round 5/138—Tharold Simon, CB, 6-2, 202, LSU
- Round 5/158—Luke Willson, TE, 6-5, 251, Rice
- Round 6/194—Spencer Ware, 5-10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/220—Ryan Seymour, -10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/231—Ty Powell, 6-3, 249, Harding University
- Round 7/241—Jared Smith, 6-3, 302, New Hampshire
- Round 7/242—Michael Bowie, 6-5, 332, Northeastern State