Seahawks 5th round selection (158)
Seahawk’s 5th round selection (158).
So far the team has been spreading the picks around to both sides of the ball pretty evenly.
With their fourth selection of the day the Seahawks select:
Name: Luke Willson
Position: Tight End
40 yard dash: 4.57 Luke Wilson was not invited to the combine but ran at his pro day
With the 158th pick in the draft the Seahawks select Luke Wilson
Luke Wilson may not have had a chance to shine at the combine but he made the most of his pro day. There are still a lot of tight ends left in this draft who did get invited to the combine. There are tight ends who went to big schools like Alabama, Auburn and Nebraska.
Luke proves that it isn’t as much about what opportunities you get, it is about what you do with the opportunities that you do have.
He had a heckuva pro day.
4.49-40, 38″ vertical, 23 bench, 4.24 short shuttle and 7.03 L drill.
This is a prototypical John Schneider and Pete Carroll draft pick. Wilson is a young man from a small school who really wasn’t on the radar of draft experts. The highest I saw him projected was a 7th round pick.
Luke Wilson a tight end who can catch the ball in space, or in a crowd. He has a big frame and definitely looks like a player who plays tight end in the NFL.
This is another raw player.
The Seahawks are going to have to unlock Luke’s potential if they want him to contribute.
As our Managing Editor Q will point out, Luke is from Canada and played quite a bit of hockey growing up as a kid in Ontario. It must also be noted that he’s an accomplished baseball player who spent time in the Toronto Blue Jays organization.
Most experts feel he offers upside but must commit to football and find a team willing to develops his skills.
- Round 2/62 – Christine Michael, RB, 5-10, 220, Texas A&M
- Round 3/87—Jordan Hill, DT, 6-1, 303, Penn State
- Round 4/123 – Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 200, Kansas State
- Round 5/137—Jesse Williams, DT, 6-3, 325, Alabama
- Round 5/138—Tharold Simon, CB, 6-2, 202, LSU
- Round 5/158—Luke Willson, TE, 6-5, 251, Rice
- Round 6/194—Spencer Ware, 5-10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/220—Ryan Seymour, -10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/231—Ty Powell, 6-3, 249, Harding University
- Round 7/241—Jared Smith, 6-3, 302, New Hampshire
- Round 7/242—Michael Bowie, 6-5, 332, Northeastern State