Headline: Seahawks 2nd round pick
Seattle’s first pick in the 2013 draft (62nd overall)
The Seattle Seahawks chose to trade their second round pick to the Baltimore Ravens, who selected ILB/OLB Arthur Brown. In exchange, the Seahawks received the Ravens’ second round pick (62nd overall), as well as a fifth rounder (165 overall) and a sixth rounder (199 overall).
Name: Christine Michael
Position: Running back
College: Texas A&M
Weight: 220 lbs
40 yard dash: 4.54
Christine Michael chosen 62nd overall in the 2nd round
I have to be honest; I am not a big fan of this pick. I made it no secret that I wanted to see the Seahawks address their need at WLB; however, that is not my biggest problem with the pick.
My problem is that Michael has been a trouble-maker in the past. He got ejected for “throwing a punch” at an opposing player and was suspended for a game. Christine also took to twitter and was critical of his coaches.
Then there is his performance at the combine. He blew people away with his physical abilities, but he overslept and missed some team interviews.
It is clear that this kid is extremely talented, so Seattle better hope that Marshawn Lynch can mentor the young man and help him become a professional.
Otherwise, the Seahawks are going to have a serious issue on their hands, much like Buffalo did with Lynch in his younger years.
This is a high-risk, high-reward type pick. If he can put the past behind him and become a pro, Christine will be a starting running back in the NFL. Lynch is 27 now, and Michael could be the replacement when Marshawn’s contract is up in two years.
NFL Network’s Mike Mayock had this analysis of the pick. “He’s got some off the field issues, but boy is he gifted.”
Hugh Millen live on KJR tonight said “The word is he has really been an attitude problem. His work ethic has been questioned time and time again, but people rave about his RAW athletism. He’s not considered to be a willing blocker in pass pro.”
CBS Analysis – They give the pick a B+. “Arguably the most gifted runner in the class.”
The Seahawks still had one more pick today.
Third: 25th, No. 87 overall — (Jordan Hill)
And 10 picks tomorrow.
- Round 2/62 – Christine Michael, RB, 5-10, 220, Texas A&M
- Round 3/87—Jordan Hill, DT, 6-1, 303, Penn State
- Round 4/123 – Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 200, Kansas State
- Round 5/137—Jesse Williams, DT, 6-3, 325, Alabama
- Round 5/138—Tharold Simon, CB, 6-2, 202, LSU
- Round 5/158—Luke Willson, TE, 6-5, 251, Rice
- Round 6/194—Spencer Ware, 5-10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/220—Ryan Seymour, -10, 229, LSU
- Round 7/231—Ty Powell, 6-3, 249, Harding University
- Round 7/241—Jared Smith, 6-3, 302, New Hampshire
- Round 7/242—Michael Bowie, 6-5, 332, Northeastern State