Seahawks Week 13
NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football and the (4-7) Philadelphia Eagles come to Seattle to take on the (4-7) Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks are 2-3 at home and 2nd in the NFC West this season while the Eagles are 3-2 on the road and third in the NFC East.
Both teams enter the game on a 1 game losing streak.
Reviewing the Redskins Game
Seattle’s two young corner backs each had an interception
Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman each had their second interception of the season during Sunday’s game. They are one behind Kam Chancellor who has the most interceptions on the team this season (3).
Marshawn Lynch runs for 111 yards
For the third time in the last four games Marshawn has gone over the century mark. Marshawn hadn’t had a 100 yard regular season game since December 14th 2008 (while he was a Bill) prior to gashing the Cowboys for 135 on November 6th this season. This is a great sign that the offensive line is responding to Tom Cable’s coaching.
Leon Washington averaged 43 yards per kick return
- Just about everything else
- The Redskins controlled the clock.
- The Seahawks gave up 416 yards total offense including allowing rookie Roy Helu to gain 108 yards on the ground and a touchdown.
- Sidney Rice and David Vobora were lost for the Season.
- The Seahawks passing attack managed just 126 yards in the game.
A look at the Eagles
The Eagles are a top 10 offense through the air (10th) and on the ground (2nd). They average 420 yards of total offense per game. The offensive team leaders are:
- Quarterback Mickael Vick (#7) 2193 yards and 11 touchdowns passing and 535 yards rushing
- Running back LeSean McCoy (#25) 1050 yards and 11 touchdowns rushing, 228 yards and 2 touchdowns receiving
- Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson (#10) 664 yards and 2 touchdowns receiving
- Jeremy Maclin (#18) 4 receiving touchdowns
On the defensive side of the ball the Eagles are a middle of the pack team ranking 16th against the pass and 15th against the rush. Defensive team Leaders are:
- Linebacker Jamar Chaney (#51) 68 tackles
- Defensive End Jason Babin (#93) 10.0 sacks
- Safety Kurt Coleman (#42) and Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (#24) each have 3 interceptions
Thing to take note of this week
Weekly roster moves
WR Sidney Rice (concussion) will be placed on injured reserve according to Pete Carroll.
LB David Vobora (Shoulder) has been placed on injured reserve.
To fill Vobora’s roster spot the Seahawks claimed LB Adrian Moten off the waiver wire.
Keys to a Seahawks victory
1. Win the game on the ground
The Seahawks offense must be able to run the ball effectively to keep the pressure off it’s ailing passing attack and keep the ball away from the Eagles potent offense. Defensively they must stop the run.
2. Tarvaris Jackson must make good decisions
The Eagles secondary will make him pay for mistakes and in order for the Seahawks to win they must keep cheap points off the board.
3. Avoid stupid mistakes
Penalties have been hurting the team this season and they must avoid them if they hope to win on Thursday night.
4. 12th Man must come prepared
The last few seasons, save a few games, have not been as loud as they could be. Century Link Field used to be an intimidating place for the opposing teams due to the volume of the 12th man. Thursday night on prime time Seattle must recapture that spirit.
News and weekly injury report
Did Not Practice:
CB Byron Maxwell (Illness)-Out
LB David Hawthorne (Knee)-Questionable
CB Richard Sherman (Calf)-Questionable
QB Tarvaris Jackson (Pectoral)-Probable
DT Alan Branch (Ankle)-Probable
Did Not Practice:
T King Dunlap (Concussion)-Out
OLB Moise Fokou (Ankle)-Out
WR Jeremy Maclin (Hamstring/Shoulder)-Out
QB Michael Vick (Ribs)-Out
CB Nnamdi Asomugha (Knee)-Questionable
RB LeSean McCoy (Toe)-Questionable
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Ankle)-Out
DT Cullen Jenkins (Thumb)-Probable
How to catch the game
The game is at Century Link so hopefully a lot of you will be attending the game but if not here is how you can watch it from home.
Kickoff is 5:20 PT
Watch: Channel 180, 417 or 418 HD (NFL Network)
Listen: 710 AM (ESPN)
Watch: 17 (NFL Network)
Listen: 94 WIP