Seahawks Week 15
The Seahawks (6-7) travel to Chicago to take on the Bears (7-6) in Soldier Field at 10:00 AM PST.
The Seahawks must win this game to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
Yes folks, the playoffs are still on the line for Seattle in this one.
Reviewing the Rams Game
- Marshawn Lynch running for 115 yards with a patchwork offensive line.
- Tarvaris Jackson only getting sacked twice, one of which was because Robert Gallery stepped on his foot.
- The Seahawks once again controlled the clock.
- The Seahawks expanded their lead as the all time winningest franchise in Monday Night Football.
- The young secondary played great once again.
- The officiating at the end of the game was terrible.
- Speaking of the end of the game, the Rams running an extra play (when the game was decided) that got Leroy Hill hurt was very upsetting and I am sure that will add some bad blood to this rivalry.
- The Rams
- Richard Sherman taunting after making a big stop in the end zone. It was a rookie mistake but he needs to learn from that because against a good opponent that could cost the team a win.
A look at the Bears
The Bears offense is ranked 23rd in the league averaging just 197.2 yards per game. They are much better running the ball averaging 122.5 yards per contest which is good enough to rank 9th in the NFL. Offensive leaders:
- Passing, QB Jay Cutler (#6) 2319 yards 13 touchdowns and 7 interceptions
- Rushing, RB Matt Forte (#22) 997 yards
- Rushing, RB Marion Barber (#24) 6 touchdowns
- Receiving, WR Johnny Knox (#13) 712 yards
- Receiving, TE Kellen Davis (#87) 4 touchdowns
They struggle defending the pass ranking 28th in the league giving up 256.5 yards a game while they are rank 10th stopping the run. Defensive leaders:
- Tackles, LB Lance Briggs (#55) 93
- Sacks, DE Julius Peppers (#90) 9
- Interceptions, LB Brian Urlacher (#54), S Major Wright (#27), CB DJ Moore (#30), CB Corey Graham (#21) 3
Thing to take note of this week
Weekly roster moves
- DB Ron Parker was placed on Injured Reserve
- To fill Parkers roster spot the Seahawks signed WR Ricardo Lockette of the practice squad
Keys to a Seahawks victory
- Start Fast, if the Seahawks can get a big lead and force the Bears to abandon the running game early they will have a tough time coming back with their less then stellar passing offense.
- Protect the ball, I say it every week but it is very important that a team like the Seahawks take care of the ball.
- Stop Marion Barber and Matt Forte if he is able to play.
- Run the ball well, 120-140 yards total should be enough to control the clock and give the defense a break.
News and weekly injury report
Did Not Practice:
DE Raheem Brock (Calf)
G Robert Gallery (Hip)
T Jarriel King (Hamstring)
CB Richard Sherman (Knee)
CB Byron Maxwell (Illness)
Did Not Practice:
QB Jay Cutler (Right Thumb)
RB Matt Forte (Knee)
DL Henry Melton (Shin)
CB Charles Tillman (CB)
WR Sam Hurd (Not Injury Related)-going to prison for longer than his career was going to last related
G/C Edwin Williams (Calf)
S Major Wright (Shoulder)
How to catch the game
The game is in Chicago and is another early game.
Kickoff is 10:00 AM PT Sunday
Watch: 13 or 113 HD (Fox)
Listen: 710 AM (ESPN)
Watch: 32 or 31 HD (Fox)
Listen: 101.1 FM