Leo’s 2012 Statistical Projections
The prospect of some big offensive games from the best offense in the game has the Fantasy god duelling.
Let’s take a look at what we can expect from the Lions studs going into 2012.
Quarterback Travis Lulay
Lulay was the Most Outstanding Player in the Grey Cup and is coming off a season in which he threw for 4800 yards and a league high 32 touchdowns. He only got better as the season went along and he goes into this season with an offensive head coach and some impressive weapons.
5000 yards is not out of the question this season for the future League Most Outstanding Player.
Running Back – Andrew Harris
There are a lot of expectations for Andrew Harris – he will certainly match his numbers of 458 yards last season. Something tells me that the Lions are more of a passing team – just sayin’
Wide Receiver – Geroy Simon
Simon is still the second best receiver in the league – still. Overshadowed by Jamal Richardson’s monster year was the fact that Simon had 1200 yards receiving… again, 72 catches and six scores.
As mentioned – the Lions are a passing team and Simon is their best pass catcher.
Wide Receiver – Arland Bruce
Bruce could also be a force this season – his first full training camp with the Lions is over and he appears to be on the same page as Travis Lulay. 50 catches may be a stretch but some big yards could be had.
He is great after the catch and usually breaks one big gainer per game. 6 touchdowns is a certainty along with 700-900 yards.
Wide Receiver Shawn Gore
Gore had 60 catches for 836 yards and a touchdown last year. He could be the X-factor in this offense and could emerge as a good weapon.
He should get similar numbers this year with a few more scores.
We’re ready for the CFL season to start here at NWSB.
Here’s a collection of great BC Lions articles from the last few weeks.
- Game 1 Keys: Blue Bombers vs. BC Lions: Grey Cup rematch
- Bodog sportsbook releases BC Lions 2012 prop bets and CFL futures
- Five damn good reasons to see a BC Lions game in 2012 *LIVE*
- BC Lions latest free agent signing Patrick Kabongo also their largest
- 2012 BC Lions training camp: Quarterback club
- The Bartender’s fearless predictions: B.C. Lions 2012 season
- CFL Opinion: My reasons Travis Lulay will be CFL MVP in 2012
- New Coach in town: What to expect from BC Lions Mike Benevides?
- Nick Hebeler & Rick Klassen join BC Lions Wall of Fame
- CFL 2012 Betting Preview – The BC Lions aren’t the favourites?
- The BC Lions make BIG moves in the 2012 CFL draft
- Northwest Athlete Profile: Sean Millington