The Vancouver Canucks had been so good for so long that the departure of coach Alain Vigneault and the entrance of John Tortorella, coupled with an aging squad in transition, caused a lot of nervous apprehension among the team’s diehard supporters. Flashback to our 2011 wishlist here.
Would the ‘Nucks be starting an era of slow decline like some of the dreaded Vancouver teams of old?
This group has played much better than most anticipated, and that would no doubt be the number one Christmas gift most would have wanted to see under the tree.
However, that still leaves room for a number of smaller items and stocking stuffers to add as late Christmas wishes for the Canucks as 2013 draws to a close.
5. Cotton padding for the knuckles of Tom Sestito to ease the pain as he continues to soar to the apex of the NHL’s penalty minutes leaders, now in fourth place as the break approaches.
4. A World Junior Championship gold medal for Canada’s Bo Horvat, who could be the current jewel in the crown for the Canucks’ farm system.
3. A Finnish-to-Swedish translator for Jannik Hansen, who seems to be struggling to secure points and a place as the preferred linemate of the Sedins, who are usually able to make anyone an offensive star.
2. A lollipop for coach Torts for being such a respectful fella with the media to date…(but just in case, as the season continues, get him a spa getaway weekend to be on the safe side).
1. More of the type of deal-with-the-devil contracts that David Booth must have signed in order for him to return to the ranks of productive players.
He may have to burn in hellfire for all eternity, but that was an obviously small price to play so that he could add some much needed verve and depth to the Canucks’ tepid offence. Alex Edler should be heavily “persuaded” to sign one too.
Seriously though. If you are looking for some last minute holiday gift ideas check out our ONLINE Canucks hockey store. We’ve got some AMAZING deals for you.
MY top 5 Gifts include.
- Canucks Hoodie – Majestic Vancouver Canucks Royal Blue Felt Tek Patch Pullover Hoody Sweatshirt
- Canucks Tickets – Vancouver Canucks 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Mega Ticket
- Canucks Mask – Franklin Vancouver Canucks Mini Goalie Mask
- Canucks Jersey – Reebok Vancouver Canucks Navy Blue Premier Hockey Jersey
- Canucks Ballcap – *VINTAGE COLLECTION* New Era Vancouver Canucks White-Black-Gold 9FIFTY Script Wheel Snapback Adjustable Hat