Where have all the Canuck goals gone?
The mighty goal scoring machine of the Vancouver Canucks that ruled the NHL during the regular season and a portion of the playoffs (at least until the final round) has dried up greatly, leaving a desert island otherwise known as Rogers Arena.
Roberto Luongo has been the target of most of the unrest this year by disappointed Canucks fans, but in this writer’s opinion the lack of offence should bear a greater share of the blame for the team’s poor start to the year.
However, not all may be lost.
There are ten other things in this wonderfully intriguing life that just might qualify as being drier than the Canucks ability to fill the net right now.
C-Mac’s Top 10
- The Atacama Desert of northern Chile (most frequently cited as the driest place on Earth, but is actually only the driest desert – check number 10 for the true driest location)
- The wit of comic Stephen Wright
- The Thanksgiving turkey dinner cooked up by your ex
- The withered combover hairs on sad middle-aged men in serious denial
- The dry heaves of Ryan Kesler‘s teammates after seeing his ESPN photo poses
- An open mouth kiss from Betty White
- The open can of beer our senior editor ‘Q’ used to leave all night after passing out at parties back in the ‘90s
- The Rhythm Method
- The Moon (the same place where Vigneault frequently felt like demoting Keith Ballard last season)
- The Dry Valleys of Antarctica (actually the driest place on Earth, with no rain for nearly 2 million years – but still not as dry as the stick of Marco Sturm)
Well readers, what do you think?
Are there any drier options (in relation to the Canucks) than those listed above?