Swedish Mysterious Exploding Lumber
Although his scoring streak that saw him tied for the lead in defencemen points has come to an end, his ability to punish opposing forwards at the blue line and moving the puck has been crucial as the Canucks begin to put together their first prolonged winning streak of the season.
However, team management does have a major concern with Edler; the wildly escalating cost of keeping the quiet Swede in sticks as they continue to explode on a nightly basis.
It is a bizarre phenomenon to witness as Edler’s luck with the lumber appears to have completely deserted him.
Multiple sticks have disintegrated with shocking regularity in seemingly every match, often during an important clearance or amidst a shot.
Concern is deepening because despite the deep pockets of team owners the Aquilini family, they already have enough financial woes trying to pay for supplies of vital moustache wax during the current Canuck Movember campaign.
What could be causing Edler’s stick catastrophe?
Read our list of top five suspicions below.
1. The sticks are being milled and crafted from some of BC’s notorious Pine Beetle infested wood.
2. Canucks equipment manager has secretly been replaced behind scenes by incompetent new hire Wile E. Coyote
3. Edler’s lumber has been sabotaged by jealous arch-Scandinavian and Viking rival from Finland, Sami Salo
4. Mutant strength acquired from over consumption of pickled herring vitamin supplements smuggled in from Sweden
5. Aaron Rome’s devious ploy to gain himself more power play time to fuel his goals outburst
So what do you think?
Do you have the answer behind the mystery of the exploding sticks?
Take the time to drop us your theories.